Upcoming presentation: Proofreading and copywriting for translators: tips, tools and techniques
I’m really excited to be a speaker for the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
At the webinar, I will be talking about proofreading and copywriting and, in particular, how they are relevant to translators.
Translators might want to know how to use copywriting skills to promote their businesses or how best to proofread the work they produce, or the work of other translators. I will go through all of that and more.
As you can see on the event page,
Translators in all sectors can benefit from learning proofreading and copywriting skills. Join freelance writer, editor and proofreader Philippa Willitts as she guides you through the tools and tips you need to improve your proofreading skills and learn about how copywriting can help you to promote your work.
Key learning objectives:
- Learn the difference between the skills required to proofread your own and somebody else’s writing and translations
- Find out which software, books and tools can help you to improve your proofreading
- Discover how translators can use copywriting skills in everything from tweets to websites
- Learn about storytelling, social proof, PAS and power words and how they can improve your copywriting
- Discover the best ways to make your writing readable on the web, how to use calls to action and how to analyse headlines for success
Having been a full-time writer, proofreader and editor for 9 years, I will use my experience and the skills I have gained to help translators to get an understanding of proofreading and copywriting and they will come away with ideas, tips and tools that they can use to improve their own skills in these areas.
The event is on April 30th 2021 at 11am UK time. It finishes at 1.30pm UK time and there will be a short break in the middle. Sign up here!
Image credit: Lorenzo Cafaro