Podcast Episode 74: How to Justify Higher Freelancing Rates
Most people would love a pay rise but, when you’re a freelancer, you have to negotiate changes in fees with every single client! To make it far more likely that one of your clients or publications will pay you more, you need to ensure that it is absolutely clear why you deserve a raise. What value do you provide to them? What are you doing that benefits their company? Why are you worth keeping, in favour of a cheaper competitor?
In this podcast episode, Lorrie and I look at ways to make sure you justify the fees you want to charge. Enjoy!
- Writing for different audiences – experts vs beginners
- Freelance writing: to specialise or not to specialise
- Why and how to charge more for your freelance writing
- The art of getting paid
- How to decide what to charge for your freelance writing services
- What British People Say Versus What They Mean
- How to meet and exceed your clients’ needs
- The hows, the whys and the wherefores of the perfect press release
There are several ways to make sure that you don’t miss out on A Little Bird Told Me.
Find us on Stitcher Smart Radio
And finally, do ‘like’ us on Facebook to be the first to hear our news and to talk with us about what you hear on the podcast!